Refreshments from 4pm-7pm
Dinner from 5:30pm-9pm
Refreshments and Restrooms at Carmen’s!
As usual, we’ll be open with free refreshments, restrooms, and a good spot to rendezvous.
Open from 4pm on. Welcome to the hood!
Prix Fixe Dinner ($35) to delight your palate and benefit Friends of Prospect Park.
Your choice of entrée. Service starts at 5:30, reservations suggested:
- Filet Mignon Au Jus— over garlic-scallion mashed potatoes. Tender and succulent, w/ roasted veggies
- Tilapia over Brown Rice— w/ wine-lemon-cilantro sauce
- Pollo al Jerez— Sweet and savory, the traditional way, w/ capers & olives & fresh figs,
served over couscous.
- Vegan Meatless Loaf— made w/ lentils, brown rice, pecans and mushrooms– a delightful nutty texture, served w/mushroom gravy and salad.
Whichever you choose, it’s Chocolate Decadence Cake or Flan for dessert
plus Sangria, Jim-Gerale, Minty Iced Tea or Coffee
Cash bar for wine and beer
The 17th Annual Hidden Garden Tour in Troy, NY
Thu, May 26, 2016
4:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Historic Sage College, Washington Park and adjoining neighborhoods of downtown Troy.
Get tickets Here!
See the hidden wonders
of gardens you’ve only imagined
Friends of Prospect Park
Hidden Garden Tour
Thursday, May 22 from 4-7:30
Refreshments & Rest Stop at Carmen’s Café
After-party starts at 5:30 at Carmen’s,
w/ prix fixe menu plus wine, beer and sangria
Friends of Prospect Park
Hidden Garden Tour
This Thursday, May 23, from 4-7pm
Tickets available in the alley between First & Second at Division
A Self Guided Tour—
and Carmen’s is the refreshments stop
At the same time, come to the Opening Reception
works on paper and paintings by
Benefit Dinner for Friends of Prospect Park
Thursday, May 23
Grilled Filet Mignon
w/ Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Veggie
Pan Seared Rainbow Trout
w/ Exotic Rice & Veggie
Marinated & Grilled Chicken
w/ Roasted Grape Tomatoes
over Rice & Veggie
Crispy Polenta w/ Portobello Mushroom
& Seasonal Veggies
25 in advance, 30 at the door, Cash Bar
… and we’ll give her a free Momosa*
*Sunday, May 12 only. Wet & Dry versions available
~ Tapas Specials for Friday, May 10 ~
Pan Seared Salmon w/ Mango Salsa
over Exotic Rice & veggie
Boneless Grilled Chicken Breast
w/ Saffron Rice & Black Beans
Grilled Lamb Chops
w/ Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Brussels Sprouts
Polenta w. Minted Pea Purée
w/ Oyster & Shiitaki Mushrooms & Sauteed Veggies
Mango Lime Cheesecake
Thursday, May 23:
Friends of Prospect Park Hidden Garden Tour 4-7pm
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details
—Carmen’s Café will provide Refreshments (free)
and host a Benefit Dinner from 5:30-8:30
$25 in advance, $30 at the door, cash bar.
Also on Thursday May 23:
Artist’s Reception for Joy Adams 4:30-7:73
Carmen’s Café, at First and Adams Streets in Troy, will host three events to support the Friends of Prospect Park Hidden Garden Tour, taking place Thursday, May 23: refreshments for the Tour, a benefit dinner for the Friends, and an Artist’s Reception for painter Joy Adams, who paints beautifully complex nature scenes.
“When I’ve been on the Hidden Garden Tour,” said owner Carmen Gonzalez, “People wanted a place to sit for a bit to meet up with their friends afterwards, to compare notes. We are happy to share the Café. Since we don’t have a garden aside from our window boxes, it’s our way to be involved.” The restaurant will pass out samples of their tapas, along with minty iced tea and sangria, during the Tour.
Painter Joy Adams from Ithaca, NY, will also be on hand to discuss her work. Ms Adams’ paintings and drawings address the complexity of nature and life in all aspects, the beauty as well as the darker underbelly. The reception will be open from 4 to 7, and her work will be on exhibit at Carmen’s Café through August 25.
Carmen’s will host a benefit dinner for the Friends from 5:30-8:30 pm. “So many people asked if they could stay for dinner after the Tour, but we were only serving refreshments,” explained Ms. Gonzalez. “This year, we offered to host a benefit dinner for the Friends.” It will be served buffet style, with meat, fish and vegetarian options and a cash bar. All profits go to the Friends of Prospect Park.
- 4-7, Hidden Garden Tour. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased under the tent in the alley next to Russell Sage Parking Lot, corner of First and Division Streets, Troy. The self-guided tour includes a map to private gardens through downtown Troy and nearby neighborhoods. For information, email email@example.com.
- 4-7, Reception for Joy Adams and refreshments for the Hidden Garden Tour, at Carmen’s Café, corner of First and Adams.
- 5:30-8:30, Benefit Dinner for the Friends of Prospect Park, Carmen’s Café. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 at the door, with a cash bar. Reservations recommended, call 326-2064. See the menu online at CarmensCafeTroy.com.